Wednesday 25 August 2010

Google docs

Saint-Briac-sur-Mer

I've just returned from a couple of weeks in Brittany and am now catching up with the remaining Things before the deadline!

I have come across Google Docs when buying e-tickets, and have accessed Google Docs throughout Cam 23, but hadn't created one before. So before I went on holiday I created a doc to send to my colleagues at Education which turned out to be a lot easier than I thought - here's a screen shot:


The idea of having a 'virtual' document which can be shared & accessed by anyone in any location is very clever. I'm not sure yet how we at Education can use Google Docs as we have a shared network whereby all documents can be accessed by staff (though not simultaneously). However, it is useful if you want to share information with professionals in other Cambridge libraries and stops an endless stream of e-mails between people.

I had a quick look at Zoho Office Suite as suggested by Kirsty, but I would probably stick to Google Docs for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment